Springtime Stir-Fry with
Scallops and Asparagus
JACOBS MALCOLM & BURTT/
3/4 pound fresh asparagus
3/4 cup reduced-sodium
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 cup sliced button mushrooms or
3-4 ounces oyster mushrooms
1 cup cherry tomato halves
2-3 thin green onions, chopped
Freshly ground pepper
2 cups hot cooked rice
(no salt added)
3/4 pound sea scallops, cut in
1. Trim or break off asparagus spears at the tender point. Rinse and cut
into 2-inch diagonal pieces. Cook asparagus in a large pan of boiling salted
water until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and
rinse under cold water.
2. Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, scallops
and mushrooms. Stir-fry until scallops are just cooked through, about
4. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
5. Add drained asparagus, tomatoes and green onions. Cook just until
heated. Season with pepper to taste.
Crab Meat Quiche
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 pound Phillips* Crab Meat
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, flour, mayonnaise and half-and-half
until well blended. Stir in onion and grated cheese.
3. Fold in crab, being careful not to break up the lumps of meat.
4. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife
inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.