Tropical Martini Fruit Salad
BOUNTY FRESH/LEGEND PRODUCE/
BANANERA DEL CARIBE
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 stick cinnamon
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 whole mango, diced
1 cup diced cantaloupe
1 cup diced pineapple
2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1. In a small pan, stir sugar into water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and
simmer for 2 minutes. Add cayenne and cinnamon and remove pan from
the heat. Let cool and add lime juice.
2. In a medium bowl, combine mango, cantaloupe and pineapple.
3. Remove cinnamon stick from the cooled syrup and pour over the fruit.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Stir chopped mint into the fruit. Spoon the fruit into 6 large chilled
martini glasses. Garnish with peanuts. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.
Orange, Avocado and Black Olive Salad
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Salt and pepper
8 cups mixed salad greens, including radicchio, watercress and arugula
3 Outspan oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 Hass avocado, peeled and cut into lengthwise slices
1/2 cup pitted large black olives, sliced
1/2 small red onion, halved lengthwise and cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, olive oil, vinegar, mustard and
grated orange peel until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate.
2. Line a wide, shallow serving bowl with salad greens. Top with drained orange
sections and avocado slices. Sprinkle with sliced olives, onion and parsley.
3. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.